Do I Qualify For Adult Foster Care?
If you or a loved one is in need of assisted care to live comfortably, at-home adult foster care can be a brilliant path to take! Before an individual can receive this care, however, they’ll want to make sure that they can qualify for the program. Qualification for Gabriel Care Adult Foster Care varies on a case by case basis, but there are a few standards that individuals will need to meet in order to be considered for the program. That brings us to the next logical question to ask:
What Are The Qualifications for Adult Foster Care?
To start with the qualification status for the Adult Foster Care program, an individual must check off each of the following boxes. They are:
- The individual must be above the age of 16
- The individual must receive Medicaid in Massachusetts through the MassHealth program. Click here for the qualifying standards for the program!
- The individual must require assistance to complete Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), which refers to daily self-care activities
- The individual must require supervision for at least 21 hours daily
- The individual has a cognitive impairment or medical condition that requires them to have active supervision or hands-on assistance and motivation to complete one or more of the following tasks:
If an individual meets these criteria, they are eligible for qualification into the program.
Contact Gabriel Care for At-Home Adult Foster Care
If you have questions about an individual’s qualifying status for this program, our support team will be more than happy to lend a hand. To see if you or a loved one qualifies for Adult Foster Care – or if you have other questions about the program – click here to contact us directly! We look forward to assisting you